All Covid-19 policies are subject to change as and when new information or guidance is released.
Updated on 21st June 2021 @ 14:36 GMT
We want you to have peace of mind when booking your course with us. So if you are considering making a booking, please do! Since 14th May 2020, any deposits and balance payments made to us were fully refundable in the event of flight cancellation or government lockdown specifically due to Coronavirus. We are continuing with this policy for all bookings made during the pandemic. Proof of flight cancellation will be required if requesting a refund for this reason. Refund requests can take up to 30 days to process.
Travel post pandemic is a little harder than before, but at least it's now possible!
From 17th May 2021 Gibraltar is on the Green List and open and ready to welcome you all! However, from Sunday 13th June the Gibraltar Government has new restrictions in place for those traveling to Gibraltar by air.
- A pre-departure COVID-19 test is required for a person traveling by air into Gibraltar who has not been fully vaccinated.
- Air passengers will also be required to upload evidence of their negative pre-departure COVID-19 test or fully vaccinated status, as applicable.
- You must complete a Passenger Locator Form prior to flying by visiting: http://www.passengers.egov.gi/
- You will be required to book your free COVID-19 Rapid Flow Test before arriving into Gibraltar by visiting : https://www.covidrapidtest.gi/
- You should be prepared to show your valid vaccination certificate on arrival into Gibraltar.
- Once in Gibraltar, you will be required to take a free COVID-19 Rapid Flow Test within 24 hours of your arrival.
- If staying longer than 7 days, you will also be required to take a further Lateral Flow Test on Day 5 from the date of your arrival.
When you leave Gibraltar after your sailing course, you will need to complete this form Returning to the UK before your return flight.
Whilst Spain is on the UK's Amber List, the UK Government has announced that if you are fully vaccinated you no longer have to quarantine for 10 days on your return to the UK. You will still need to order your Day 2 and Day 8 PCR tests for your return.
Below you will find the measures we have in place. Please do bear in mind that it is simply not possible to completely socially distance from fellow crew whilst on the training yacht.
At the moment, we would only allow a maximum of 4 people from different households, plus the Instructor on board. However, as soon as government guidelines allow, we will return to the normal 5 people, plus the Instructor as soon as is safely possible. On our mile builder and racing events there may be more people on board.
Please ensure you bring your own face mask - you'll need this anyway for the airport and your flight. It is compulsory to wear a facemask when in a shop in Gibraltar.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I have my own cabin?
The boat layout is generally 3 double cabins, and the saloon. One of our boats has 3 double cabins and a bunk room. You will either have a cabin or the saloon to yourself. We do have an 'own cabin' option that you can select when booking, that will guarantee you your own cabin for the duration of your course.
How many people will be on board?
Currently we have reduced the number of people on board. There will be a maximum of 4 people in most cases, plus the Instructor. We will allow the following:
- 4 people from 4 different households, plus the Instructor
- A couple from the same household who would share a cabin, plus 2 people from 2 different households and the Instructor
- 2 couples from different households sharing a cabin, plus 1 other and the Instructor
- 5 people from the same household, plus the Instructor
Do I have to sleep on the boat?
No. You can organise your own nearby accommodation if you wish.
Will food be prepared on the boat?
Yes, as it usually would. Extra attention should be paid to hand washing. Liquid soap and hand sanitizer gel is provided.
Can I use the toilet?
Yes you can. Plenty of liquid soap and hand sanitizer gel is provided, along with paper towels for drying hands. Cleaning sprays are also provided to wipe down surfaces before and after each use.
Do I have to wear a face covering?
Not all of the time, but you should bring one to use. Face masks must be worn in supermarkets, retail shops, inside restaurants and in small enclosed spaces. It is compulsory in Spain to wear one at all times when in a public place.
What happens if someone shows corona symptoms whilst on the course?
Lets hope this doesn't happen, but it you were unlucky enough to show symptoms you would be asked to leave the yacht and self isolate.
Will you still provide life jackets and wet weather gear?
Yes. We will rotate life jackets and wet weather gear so you will not be wearing ones worn by people on the previous course.
Will the boat be cleaned before I arrive?
Each boat will get a thorough clean before and after your course by professional cleaners. Jolly Parrot boats have always been cleaned to a high standard, so no change in procedure here.