COVID-19 and your booking
The Jolly Parrot office is currently open but we are unable to deliver practical courses. We are however, able to offer RYA online theory courses. We are busily working hard on our exciting 2021 calendar to give us all something to look forward to. We have also added extra Coastal Skipper, YM courses and sailing adventures from June for those needing to reschedule, and these are filling fast which is great news!
With the easing of lockdowns in Gibraltar, Spain and the UK, and because of customers re-scheduling due to COVID-19 we are finding our courses for the rest of the year are filling fast.
For all new bookings, we want you to have peace of mind when booking your sailing course/adventure, and not be worried about losing your deposit in this time of uncertainty. So, between now and the end of June, if your flights are cancelled because of a continuation of lockdown and you’re unable to reschedule, we will refund any monies paid.
Our position for existing bookings is as follows:
• As per our Terms and Conditions we strongly recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy. These vary greatly and you should be satisfied that you are adequately covered in the event that you need to cancel your booking.
• Should government decree that travel should be curtailed or prohibited which prevents you attending a pre booked course, you may be able to claim on your travel insurance policy. We will happily liaise with your insurance company or provide a letter if you want to claim on your personal travel insurance.
• Should you be need to self-isolate or become ill for any reason you should be covered for loss by your travel insurance policy.
• Should you simply wish to re-schedule for a later date, we will change this free of charge. You can change the date as many times as possible with no charge. If you do not know a future date, you can just leave your course 'on ice', we will apply any monies paid by you as a credit on your new booking once confirmed. This offer is NOT time limited and if you wish to re book for 2021 just contact us and let us know.
• If you would like us to issue you with a fully transferable voucher to the value of money already paid, with no end date that you can use on any Jolly Parrot Sailing course, adventure or event let us know.
• Should you reschedule, the final balance payment will be due 30 days before the new course start date.
Obviously this is an ever changing situation so please check back regularly for any updates.
Updated 15:53 GMT on 14/05/2020
If you have any further concerns or need clarification on any points please feel free to call or email us.
Team Jolly Parrot