People choose to sail with us for all sorts of reasons, and many come back time and time again. That's the way we like it because we don't just want to sell you an RYA course then wave goodbye. We want to be part of your whole sailing journey.
We welcome all ages and it doesn't matter if you come along alone or in a group, once we're all on board we're one team and your Skipper will make sure no one feels left out.
If you’re the kind of person who loves to learn that little bit extra, then a Jolly Parrot sailing course is particularly great choice. You can expect our instructors to share stories from their own sailing experiences and point out lots of interesting things along the way. In fact we apologise in advance in case they never shut up!
A few reasons why it's so great to sail with us:
- A relaxed NON SMOKING enviroment in which to learn
- Recognised RYA Training Centre backed with 30 years of sailing experience
- Unrivalled value for money
- Fantastic tidal sailing area
- 2 Continents and three countries in one week
- Opportunities for Fastrack Courses
- Great place to learn Mediterranean mooring techniques and customs procedures
- Modern, comfortable RYA training yachts equipped with the latest electronic navigation and safety equipment
- We have an office and dedicated classroom in Queensway Quay Marina, Gibraltar. We are not a satellite operation with no infrastructure like many others.
- Sailing for fun! A wide range of sailing events, not just RYA training
- 300+ days of Sunshine and reliable winds all year
- No hidden costs – all the mooring fees and fuel are covered and wet wear is provided free
- Fun, memorable and 'plain English' approach to teaching
- Passionate, professional and safe RYA qualified instructors who care about you and your progression
- Simple extras like a hairdryer, towels and bedding to allow you to fly with hand luggage only
- Relaxed environment to make every course feel like a holiday
- Unbiased advice on your next steps
- Option to become a lifelong friend of Jolly Parrot Sailing with first sight of great offers.
Here is some information about the Jolly Parrot team who will be looking after you.
Clive: The Principal.
Being the head teacher of our sailing courses and also the boss, no one cares more about you and your sailing career more than Clive! Clive has over 20 years of experience in sailing with over 100,000 miles under his belt. so there is no one more qualified to teach you all you need to know about sailing. With his tongue in cheek approach to teaching there's no doubt you'll have a giggle while you learn!
Jennie: Office Administrator
Jennie is your first point of contact when you enquire or book with Jolly Parrot. Jennie has been involved in the sailing business for almost 15 years and knows exactly what you, our clients need and want. Jennie is a scientist by profession and with a matter of fact no-nonsense attitude she ensures that when things need to happen, they do.
Rachel: RYA Course Adviser
Six years ago I was a very reluctant and scared student on a RYA Competent Crew sailing course in Gibraltar with Jolly Parrot Sailing.
Here I am, with over 3000 miles and numerous courses behind me, 4 Round the Island races in the bag - 3 of them as Logistics Officer plus numerous Cross Channels. Gibraltar and its surrounding waters, marinas, restaurants and bars are all very familiar – it’s like my second home. Now I’m thrilled to be permanently joining the Jolly Parrot team – where fun is firmly at the helm! I cant wait to meet and greet you all on your next course
Michael: Chief Navigating Officer
Having been around boats for most of his life Michael is a dab hand with anything! He teaches the theory courses in our dedicated classroom, he assists, he even does maintenance on the boats! With a laid back personality and approach to everything Michael will make every sailing experience a breeze for you.Occasionally we let Michael out on the water where he likes nothing better than to instigate a cheeky little race!