Can I get my RYA Day Skipper qualification commercially endorsed?

The simple answer is ‘yes’. However, if you have a non-tidal certificate then you must have the RYA Day Skipper or RYA Yachtmaster theory certificate as well.

The RYA will allow you to commercially endorse your Day Skipper qualification. This will allow you to professionally skipper a small vessel in familiar waters during the day. 

In order to be endorsed commercially, you must pass a medical (either an ENG1 or ML5) and also have a RYA First Aid at Sea Certificate and a RYA Sea Survival Certificate as well as the Professional Practices and Responsibilities Certificate. It is assumed you will have a VHF Radio License before you are granted a Day Skipper Certificate.

This certificate is useful for those wishing to undertake day trips on a properly coded vessel for financial gain. You must operate in familiar waters on a suitably coded vessel.

For more information contact us on 07925 784407.